Our sustainability commitment
Eco-friendliness and sustainability have several dimensions, including: ingredient safety, skin irritation, carbon footprint, plastic waste impact, biodegradability, and more. On balance, we believe Tru Earth is one of the most sustainable laundry detergents available today. We are working to constantly improve sustainability and welcome your comments and questions.
No plastic jug, 94% less transportation pollution
Tru Earth Laundry Detergent has a dramatically smaller eco-footrpint than liquid and powder detergents. Its packaging uses no plastic jug, and its light weight reduces transportation fuel consumption and global-warming carbon emissions by 94% compared to today’s leading-brand liquid and powder detergent.
- Free of added dyes
- Free of chlorine bleach
- Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests
- Readily biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
- Hypoallergenic, certified by independent dermatologists
- Vegan: no animal-based ingredients or testing on animals by us or our ingredient suppliers
- Vegetable glycerin: plant-derived softener
- Starch: plant-derived biodegradability booster
- PVA - (polyvinyl alcohol) biodegradable supporting matrix
- Light mineral oil: non-hazardous softener and processing aid
- Potassium sorbate: food-grade preservative
- Cocamido propyl betaine: coconut oil based, biodegradable amphoteric surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Alkyl polyglycoside: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Sodium coco sulfate: coconut oil based, biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Glycerides, coco mono and di, ethoxylated: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Sodium gluconate: plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener that prevents soil from resettling on fabric after it has been removed during washing
- Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam stabilizer
- Hexylene glycol: biodegradable emulsifier
- Sulfonic acids, C14-16-alkane hydroxy and C14-16-alkene, sodium salts: biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Octyl sodium sulfate: biodegradable anionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Fragrance oil blend (not used in Fragrance Free): natural essential oils and synthetic ingredients, hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Residual water
Note: As part of our commitment to continuously improve sustainability, optical brightener (a common ingredient in leading-brand detergents) was phased out of manufacturing in March 2013. Sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES) was phased out of production in October 2013 and replaced with sodium coco sulfate. The primary concern with SLES is the potential for the formation of 1,4-dioxane during manufacturing processes; however, independent testing certifies that no detectable 1,4-dioxane is present in Dizolve even when SLES is used as an ingredient.
Tru Earth Eco-Strips technology is licensed from Dizolve Group Corporation and distributed via the Tru Earth brand. Tru Earth is an MPM Group of Brands company.